Saturday, May 10, 2014

Savory Vegetable Pancakes

Vegetable Pancakes With Coconut Milk and Peanut Butter Sauce Topped withSpicy Shrimp
Yummy Savory Pancake With Coconut Milk and Peanut Butter Sauce Topped With Spicy Shrimp


This past Friday I had a lazy morning since I was not working. This gave me the opportunity to make a fancy breakfast/brunch thing for myself. I have a thing for pancakes lately. I have been playing around with a basic recipe with add-ins that change things up a bit. This particular pancake has vegetables added to it because I had pulverized remains of vegetables from my juice making activities in the freezer.


After making the pancake batter, it dawned on me that I needed something to go with the pancake. Since it is a savory recipe, I wanted something spicy to top it off. So I settled on stir-fried shrimps. The coconut milk-peanut butter sauce/reduction came about because I did not have enough peanut butter to make a satay sauce. The modification still worked though in my opinion because it gave the pancake and shrimps so much needed oomph!

I am presenting the meal in parts so that it is not overwhelming because each component is pretty easy to make. I am sorry I don't have pictures of the coconut milk sauce coming to life.

Vegetable Pancake 

This is what it takes to make an awesome batter...Be prepared for some dirt.

Ingredients
2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
1 Cup of Rolled Oats
2 Cups of Whole Milk
2 Cups of Pulverized Vegetable or 1/2 Pound of Leafy Green Vegetable
1 Cup of Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp of Tumeric
1 Tsp of Baking Powder
2 Birds Eye Chili Pepper
Pinch of Salt

Instructions
I am trying something new here by having a video in place instead of text. Enjoy watching the video. Let me know what you think in the comments section.


Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimps

Shrimps, chili pepper, onions, garlic on a white chopping board
Shrimps is about to come to life!

Ingredients
1/2 Onion
1 Cup of 30ct Shrimps
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Bird-Eyes Chili Pepper
1 Tbsp of Peanut Oil
1 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce
1 Tsp of Soy Sauce

Instructions
1. Slice the onion thinly. Also chop the chili pepper and the garlic clove
2. Put the peanut oil in a pan and heat it up. Just when it shows slight wisp of smoke, carefully pour in the shrimp and vegetables. Stir quickly.
3. When the shrimp shows first signs of pinkness, dump in the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook until shrimps are fulled cooked. It should take no more than 5 minutes.

Coconut Milk and Peanut Butter Sauce

Ingredients
1 13.5 FL Oz. Can of Whole Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp of Creamy Peanut Butter

Instructions
1. Pour coconut milk into a saucepan and put on low heat. Carefully dissolve the peanut butter into the coconut milk. Let it reduce gradually. Make sure to keep stirring so that the bottom does not bottom. It takes about 20 minutes to reduce.


Once every element of the meal is done, put it all together! Enjoy! Let me know how the cooking goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment