Monday, May 12, 2014

Baked Eggs In Collard Green Cups


Eggs Baked Into A Collard Green Molded Cups
Eggs In Collard Green Cups

I have been meaning to put up this recipe since ages ago...okay, maybe it has just been for the past couple of weeks really. I feel like I have been so busy lately trying to keep up with work commitment. Plus, maybe there was a bit of procrastination involved. Anyway, I am here now and I can talk about the experimentation of a couple of weeks ago. It involved leftover blanched collard greens, eggs and some veggies.



I made this stuffed collard green recipe for work (Yes, this is the other recipe I need to put up) and I had a few leftover leaves. I did not want to toss it out so I kept it. I work up on Sunday morning and I thought to myself, "What if I draped the leaves in the cupcake pan and fill it with egg, then bake it?" So that is what I did. I loved loved loved it when it was done. It was like a perfectly boiled egg where the white is just soft and the yolk is silk.

Cupcake pan, collard leaves and a couple of eggs
Pan, Leaves and Eggs

Baked Eggs in Collard Green Cups

Ingredients
4 Large Collard Green leaves
4 Small Eggs or 2 Large Eggs
1/2 Bell Pepper (Chopped)
Salt
Olive Oil

Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 350F.

2.For the collard green to drape the cupcake pan, you need to remove the center spine until just before the tip of the leaf. Then drop it in hot boiling water for 1 minute maximum before dropping it in cold water to stop the cooking.

Collard green leaves drapes into a cupcake pan
Drape collard green leaves into the cups


3.Spray or rub cupcake pan with olive oil to ensure it is well coated. Drape the collard green into the cupcake mold. Use two leaves per cup to ensure that the bottom is well covered.

Chopped mixed color peppers distributed into collard green cups
Add peppers into the collard green cups


4. Distribute chopped bell pepper into cups before breaking eggs into the cups. Two in each cup if you are using small eggs


Eggs and Peppers assembled in collard green cups before baking
Eggs, Peppers and Leaves

5. Put cupcake pan in oven for 30 minutes. After you bring it out, allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before extracting collard green egg cups. Enjoy.

Baked egg in a collard green cup presented on plate with drippings of hot sauce
Baked Eggs in Collard Green Cup


No comments:

Post a Comment