|Scallops and Mango Cucumber Salad|
Even with the hefty discount I got, the scallops were still so expensive for my budget that I only got two. Since freezing scallops is said to ruin the texture, I knew I had to have this week. It was perfect though because I have over-indulged in food this week so I really needed something light and easy for dinner. I chose to serve the scallops over a bowl of mango and cucumber.
|Scallops, Lime, Cucumber and Mango|
Sea Scallops and Mango Cucumber SalsaIngredients (serves 1)
1 Tsp Olive Oil
1. Dry the scallops thoroughly and season liberally. Scallops can handle salt.
|Scooped out cucumber. Taking out the seeds in the center ensures that the salsa does not become watery.|
2. Cut the cucumber into two length wise and scoop out the seeds in the middle with the tip of a spoon. Chop the cucumber finely. Also chop the jalapeno and mango finely. Transfer to a bowl and then zest the lime over the salad. Squeeze in the whole lime then stir together.
|This Mango Cucumber Salad can be mixed with couscous, rice, quinoa or even orzo to stretch it out or bulk it up.|
3. Put a non-stick pan on to heat. Add in the olive oil and swirl around the pan to coat it. Make sure that the oil in the pan gets to smoking point before putting in the scallops.
4. Don't touch the scallops for two minutes. It important that you don't even wiggle otherwise you will interfere with the searing process and lose out on flavor.
5. Flip over the scallops and don't touch for another two minutes. Voila! The scallops are done and ready to eat.