Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Inspired: Ricotta Dumplings


The Faroe Island Salmon with Ricotta Dumplings. The photo was sourced from People.com.  

I have been craving ricotta lately since spring approached. My sudden craving for ricotta started because of an article in the April edition Bon Apetit on how to make it at home. Soon, I found myself boiling milk and cream together to make cheese at home. However, what is a girl to do when she makes too much ricotta?


The thing that always annoys me when we start talking about food is the left-over ingredients that you don't want to toss out but you don't exactly want to eat the same recipe over and over again. With ricotta, I have had that problem of having to toss out leftovers. Especially because ricotta as a diary product does not last long in the fridge. But I am getting better at finding different recipes to use up the leftovers.

This recipe for ricotta dumplings that I found on People magazine is one I definitely want to file away. The idea came from the executive chef, Kaleo Adams, at the Polo Lounge at the legendary Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles, CA. The freshness of the spring vegetables combined with the ricotta dumplings I can only imagine will be a delightful taste. Let's just say this recipe is a contender for my indulgent meal this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment