Thursday, June 26, 2014

Inspired: 10 Strawberry Recipes


salmon on a strawberry tomato salad
Salmon on Strawberry Tomato Salad
Next week is the 4th of July. Although Ramadan and fasting would have started, it does not mean I won't still be excited about food. If anything, I think only eating two meals a day would make it more of a special experience. I am really looking forward to all the berries and cherries going on sale for this big summer event.


When I used to live in San Diego, in the run up to the July 4th events, the local Whole Foods used to make a strawberry and blueberry pizza with mascarpone cheese. I am so tempted to try and recreate this pizza. Above is a picture of one of my meals from last summer of salmon on a bed of grape tomatoes and strawberries with basil leaves. The dressing I believe was a orange champagne vinegar oil dressing.

While I was looking at Guardian website today, they had a post with 10 strawberry recipes. After lusting after a few of the recipes, I felt it was only appropriate for me to share it here. I hope you get to try out some of the recipes. Quite a few of them are really easy to assembly together.

No comments:

Post a Comment