|Dried Apricots, Coconut Flakes, Pecans and Theo Chocolate|
Eating that chocolate piece really inspired this recipe. A lot of the raw chocolate bites that I have been trying are based on a based of dates and walnuts. For this recipe, I am taking the same idea and using apricots with pecan as the base. This is bolstered with coconut flakes. The goal was to have it tasting like an alternative Bounty. This chocolate bite are a good way to bring in some sweetness to the post-fast meal during Ramadan. It is really about indulging in a healthy manner for the next one month.
|Apricot-Coconut Chocolate Bites|
Coconut Apricot Chocolate Bite (makes 10)1 Cup of Dried Apricot
1 Cup of Chopped Pecan
11/2 Cups of Dried Coconut Flakes
3oz. of 85% Chocolate
1Tbsp of Coconut Oil
1Tbsp of Raw Honey
1. In a bowl, soak the dried apricot in a half cup of water for about 20 minutes. Then drain.
2. Blend the apricots with pecans and 11/4 cup of coconut flakes. You don't want the mix to be finely blended.
3. Form apricot mix into balls and put in a refrigerator to set for at least an hour.
4. In a double boiler, melt coconut oil, then add in chocolate and honey. Stir until smooth.
5. Take individual apricot balls and dip into chocolate until completely coated. Set in a clean tray, sprinkle with coconut and put in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set.